Minecraft Bedrock Edition 188.8.131.52 Changelog
- Command line auto-complete has been added for recipe unlocking. Useful when you want to see what recipes you can unlock.
- The order of command inputs was changed to be the same as on Java Edition.
- You’ll get a confirmations message when unlocking recipes with a command. It’ll inform you if the command worked…or not.
- Notification sound updated on Bedrock. Thanks for the feedback! You told us the Java swoosh sound was better for the unlocking notification. And you are right. So, we changed it.
- The duration of recipe notifications is now calculated based on how many recipes got unlocked
Features and Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused players to not be able to crawl under Slabs when standing on Top Snow
- Top Snow is now in parity with Java Edition and each layer has a different height
- Missing Thorns damage sound has been added, and is played when appropriate
- Anvils now emit the proper sounds when broken, stepped on, fallen onto, etc.
- Skeletons and Drowned now play sounds when firing Arrows and Tridents, respectively
- Trident Channeling sound is now played when entities are hit
- Empty Maps now emit the appropriate sound when players draw them
- Nether Portals now emit the Glass breaking sound when their Obsidian frame is broken
- Loyalty Tridents returning to players now play their sound at the player’s position
- Big Dripleaf Blocks now play the correct sound when their tilt is reset
- Conduits now play their deactivation sound when deactivated
- Respawn Anchor Blocks now correctly play their ambient sounds
- Falling blocks will now break when falling onto a boat
- Wandering Trader now also trades Cherry Saplings
- Updated the camera interpolation rate when crawling to match Java Edition
- Entities no longer disappear when they are teleported to saved chunks near the edge of the player’s render distance
- The third-person camera will no longer clip through terrain when near Water or Lava
- Fixed Creative Mode players not being ignited when standing in fire
- The player no longer gets forced into sneak or crawl in Spectator Mode
- The player now gets forced out of sneak/crawl when riding
- The player no longer gets forced into sneak or crawl during the Riptide animation
- Players should no longer accidentally trigger crawling when they shouldn’t
- Fixed some scenarios where crawling was not correctly being triggered on the server
- Entering flight mode in Creative Mode will now correctly cancel Elytra gliding
- Fixed a crash when entering a world with a corrupted saved chunk
- Pick Blocking a Decorated Pot will now produce the correct hover hint in the inventory
- Transparent blocks viewed through an End Portal will no longer be visible nor flicker
- Fixed bottom face of portal effect so its color and transparency match the other faces
- Cherry Leaf blocks will now generate particle effects at a relatively large distance based on system performance
- Suspicious Stew no longer shows up in the Creative inventory (a recent unintended change caused it to appear there)
- Fixed an issue with gliding with Elytra and switching to Creative flight
- Villagers killed by players no longer drop items held in their hands
- Zombified Villagers now show correct professions when infected
Mobile Touch Control Settings
- Changed Joystick Visibility option to a dropdown menu
- Changed Sneak option to a dropdown menu
- Moved “Sync Old Worlds” button to the Settings/Storage screen
- Improved mouse input to be more responsive when used on Xbox
Add-Ons and Script Engine
- Render controllers without textures will now result in a content error and be ignored
- Added support for the “allow_random_seed” option in world template manifests
- AmethystCluster blocks use state “minecraft:block_face” instead of “facing_direction“. “minecraft:block_face” uses string values (“down”, “up”, “north”, “south”, “east”, “west”)
- Slab blocks use state “minecraft:vertical_half” instead of “top_slot_bit“. “minecraft:vertical_half” uses string values (“bottom”, “top”)
Additional fixes this week to the general Editor experience:
- Fixed a bug where number slider thumbs in the tool panes were extending beyond the boundaries of the pane.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on the selected tool in the tool rail was not re-opening the closed tool pane.
- Fixed an issue where structure void, light, and barrier blocks were only visible when the player was holding them – now they’re always visible in the Editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player’s body to not rotate in third-person view when the simulation is paused.
- Improved logging and moved operation chat notifications to the log panel.
- Fixed selection gizmo visibility when there is no active selection. Previously, when there was no selection volume, selection arrow gizmos were being rendered at the world origin (0,0,0).
- The selected theme will now be correctly applied to external links in the Help tab of the Quick Start panel.
- Removed the non-functional hamburger menu button from the Quick Panel tabs.
- Released the “minecraft:hand_equipped” item component out of experimental in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Deprecate “minecraft:creative_category” component in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Creative group and command visibility can now be set in the “description” field in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Renamed the “minecraft:foil” item component to “minecraft:glint” and released it out of experimental in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Changed fire enchant duration used on projectiles from a ShooterItemComponent to match vanilla behavior
- Released the “minecraft:use_duration” item component out of experimental in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Released the “minecraft:stacked_by_data” item component out of experimental in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Linux dedicated server: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) is now the minimum supported version of Ubuntu. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is no longer supported
- Sound definitions now accept both float and integer values for min_distance and max_distance – please set sound_definitions.json “format_version” parameter equal to or greater than 1.20.20 to use this functionality
Experimental Technical Features
- Converted “set_block_property” to “set_block_state” for custom blocks
- Added defineVectorto DynamicPropertiesDefinition
- Implemented slot validation for setEquipment, which now returns a boolean indicating whether the item can be equipped to the specified slot
- EntityEquipmentInventoryComponentis currently limited to Players only. However, we hope to reintroduce this component for mobs in a future update
- Moved getDay to 1.4.0
- Moved getTimeOfDay to 1.4.0
- Moved setTimeOfDay(timeOfDay: number | TimeOfDay) to 1.4.0
- Moved getAbsoluteTime to 1.4.0
- Moved setAbsoluteTime(absoluteTime: number) to 1.4.0
- Moved TimeOfDay to 1.4.0
- Added length restrictions to setLore– Up to 20 lines with up to 50 characters per line
- Moved function setLoreto 1.4.0
- Moved function getLoreto 1.4.0
- Moved class SystemAfterEventsto 1.4.0
- Moved class ScriptEventCommandMessageAfterEventto 1.4.0
- Moved player onScreenDisplay to 1.4.0
- Moved titleDisplayOptions to 1.4.0
- Moved screenDisplay to 1.4.0
- Released command /scriptevent out of experimental
- Fixed issue where items with the “minecraft:wearable” component would be duplicating when equipping by using the item
- Items with the “minecraft:wearable” component in non-weapon slots can no longer be stacked
- Removed the “minecraft:ignores_permission” component
- Removed the “minecraft:mirrored_art” component
- Moved the “protection” field from “minecraft:armor” component to “minecraft:wearable” component in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Deprecate “minecraft:armor” component in json formats 1.20.20 and higher
- Removed nonfunctional and redundant slot options from “minecraft:wearable” component, ie. mainhand, hotbar, inventory, enderchest, and equippable
- Items with the “minecraft:wearable” component using the “weapon.offhand” slot will no longer equip when item is used in hotbar
- Equipping custom wearable items trigger generic equip sound
- Custom items with “minecraft:wearable” component can now be equipped by clicking and dragging in inventory or shift-clicking
- Display a message when the players presses the camera perspective change button but a particular perspective is already set via the camera command